Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Couch to 5K

Struggling to beat a horrible sore throat, I had to see my doctor twice last week. And get weighed on scientifically correct weighing scales. I am still in denial over my weight - it varied from 141 to 145 pounds. When I was full term pregnant, ready to deliver with baby R, I had weighed 146!! How is it that, 3 years since, I weigh the same !! And no baccha in my tummy at that :(

I kept telling myself its all that muscle I gained from running in the summer, but one look at R's birthday video where I viewed my enormous butt, which my salwar kameez which should generally mask everything and anything failed to hide, I have accepted the truth ! I am fat !! And I will turn into a fat 32 year old auntie if I dont do anything about it...

Then read this post of Broom on time about the Couch to 5K bloggers challenge :) and decided to join !! Yay!! This should give me the motivation required to work out daily!! Plus it helps, that I am taking days off till the end of the year starting Xmas eve....

So I have dutifully bookmarked the program's link and plan to run day one on the 24th :)

In other news, I have a new job - my coasting days are done, now I am flung in this big bad river where I am struggling to keep afloat, I actually think about my job in my dreams and at random moments at home. Thats a long forgotten feeling but its also a good feeling, it makes me want to wake up in the morning and put on my zillion layers of clothing and go to work....

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment